My PhD research was focused on using the Semantic Web to support recommendation-seeking in social networks. Specifically the aim was to: understand how people choose word of mouth information sources from among members of their social networks, and the factors that affect these source-selection decisions; model these processes as computational algorithms so they can be replicated in an online environment; build Semantic Web-based systems that support people in information seeking through their trusted social networks. See Research and Publicationsfor a few more details.
Recent Publications(see all Publications)
- Christian Bizer, Tom Heath, Michael Hausenblas, Tim Berners-Lee (eds.) (2010) Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Linked Data on the Web (LDOW2010) at WWW2010, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA, April 27, 2010.
- Abraham Bernstein, David R. Karger, Tom Heath Lee Feigenbaum, Diana Maynard, Enrico Motta, and Krishnaprasad Thirunarayan (eds.) (2009) The Semantic Web - ISWC2009. Proceedings of the 8th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2009), Chantilly, VA, USA, October 25 - 29, 2009. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 5823, Springer.
- Christian Bizer, Tom Heath and Tim Berners-Lee (2009) Linked Data - The Story So Far. International Journal on Semantic Web and Information Systems, Vol. 5(3), Pages 1-22. DOI: 10.4018/jswis.2009081901
- Lora Aroyo, Paolo Traverso, Fabio Ciravegna, Philipp Cimiano, Tom Heath, Eero Hyvönen, Riichiro Mizoguchi, Eyal Oren, Marta Sabou, Elena Simperl, (eds.) (2009) The Semantic Web: Research and Applications. Proceedings of the 6th European Semantic Web Conference (ESWC2009), Heraklion, Crete, Greece, May 31 - June 4, 2009. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 5554, Springer.
- Christian Bizer, Tom Heath, Tim Berners-Lee (eds.) (2009) Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Linked Data on the Web (LDOW2009) at WWW2009, Madrid, Spain, April 20, 2009.
- Tom Heath (2008) Information-seeking on the Web with Trusted Social Networks — from Theory to Systems. Ph.D. Thesis, The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK.
- Tom Heath and Enrico Motta (2008) Revyu: Linking reviews and ratings into the Web of Data. Journal of Web Semantics, Vol. 6 (4).
- Tom Heath (2008) How Will We Interact with the Web of Data? IEEE Internet Computing, Vol. 12(5), pp. 88-91.
From Elsewhere on the Web
My Latest Semantic Web Bookmarks From DeliciousSponsored: The 3 Week Diet
Indices of Deprivation explorer
Things Near To
schema.org - Home
Linked Data Publishing Handbook - Data.gov.uk
nČ » Blog Archive » SPARQL 1.1 Early Access Features
Linked Data: Evolving the Web into a Global Data Space
Big Lynx Productions Ltd
My Latest Reviews on Revyu.comReview of No 1 Airport Lounge, Terminal 3, Heathrow Airport, London
Review of Sophie the Giraffe Teething Toy
Review of The Swan Inn, Swineford, nr Bristol
Review of Extract (Film, 2009)
Review of Riverford Farm Cook Book: Tales from the Fields, Recipes from the Kitchen
Review of Airport Reviews - Budget Traveller Guide to Sleeping in Airports
Review of Domainr
Review of Tropic Thunder
Review of The Guardian (Newspaper)
Review of The Guardian (Film, 2006)